Wednesday, May 21, 2008

iMedia: Vertical Search and Trulia.com

I am intrigued by the idea of vertical search because I like precision, and a way to ensure that the dreck of search gets weeded out from my results. Which is not a rap at all on horizontal search, but rather simply a belief that vertical search practitioners are more likely to be able to precisely identify the precise differences in offerings to ensure people get a more robust match.

Trulia, the real estate search product, appears to be a distinctive offering in the real estate area that is so potentially lucrative. I mean, whether you are a developer, contractor, or real estate agent, the right sort of lead or customer can mean big bucks.

I suggest you wander over to take a look. My understanding is that they just started taking ads and sponsorship in a major way, so if you are in that sector, take a look and see if it is worth a flutter for your plan.

Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.