Wednesday, May 21, 2008

iMedia: Sportgenic

OK, so I am very biased for this company. First, because they are our client, and second because Marti Funk works there. Robert and TJ should note that I love them too, but I have known Marti for a long time, and she’s such a joy from both intellectual and personal perspectives. If there were a Funk religion, I would tithe.

What I like most about Sportgenic the property is that it really provides value as a vertical that packages up an audience that is passionate about life РThe blas̩ make for lousy customers, but the sort of people who get out there and run in the snow, or paint their faces Steelers colors are the kind that can drive amazing results for your brand.

I love energy in people and genuinely believe that SG packages that up in a large and loyal audience that is appropriate for any brand except perhaps for Popeye’s.

I think SG is the perfect company to do one of these presentations because so few people know the full story. Especially brands that are not related directly to sports. And Robert wowed his audience, involving whole tables in the concept while also delivering all of the critical information necessary to convince a bank, or a car manufacturer, or a packaged good to join SG’s pages.

Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to write.

1 comment:

  1. Jim, I appreciate the props and the plug...you are too kind.

    Folks reading this should know that you have been an insurmountable mentor & partner, strategist and thought-leader that has taught me (along with countless other) about brands, the consumer, and the humble pros/cons of marketing right/wrong. I am fortunate to be able to bring that to Sportgenic and the brands and partners that we support. Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.