Wednesday, May 21, 2008

iMedia: The Staffing Problem

I enjoyed the staffing problem breakout, but left feeling a little empty. We learned that everyone has the problem and no one has a magic bullet to solve it.

I did feel a little schooled about my impression of the younguns in the industry – that they have a sense of too much entitlement. I still believe that, but also now prefer it to Gen X’s fatalism. We should want the sort of person who is driven to succeed. But we should also not promote people until they have the skills and experience necessary.

Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.