Sunday, May 18, 2008

iMedia: Publisher Perspective on Casale

One of the things that came up many times in the Casale presentation today was that publishers get paid more quickly by them than by some other networks.

If true (I have no reason to doubt the message,) I would imagine that this is of huge benefit to publishers, because we ALL have partners that take an eternity to pay us. If I can sell inventory to someone who will actually cut a check before I retire, I'm all over it.

It got me thinking about how many clients pay abysmally slowly -- I once worked for a very small shop that had a Fortune 10 client that routinely took 120 days to pay. What part of dollar in dollar out don't these companies understand? Yes, they CAN do this, I mean few agencies will walk away from a Fortune 10. But why would one want to operate in this manner? Clients that pay late and complain about too little "agency partnership" need to get a reality check. Just as agencies that pay late and bitch about publishers also do.

Off my soapbox.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.