Sunday, May 18, 2008

iMedia: Undertone: NOT the popunder network

I have some misconceptions about some of the leading ad networks, and this is one of the networks I misunderstood most. I always thought Undertone specialized in popunders, like that was all they did. Certainly they seem to serve many many many of the popunders I see.

Their sponsorship session today put me straight, and also intro'd me to their cross site "takeover" products, a sort of way to create a front page or lead presence on a broad range of sites to mimic the reach impact of the portals.

Actually, that probably isn't fair. I would imagine that given the deportalization of the web and the rise of mid and long tail, Undertone and other networks that offer similar services would say that their offerings are an essential supplement to advertisers who wanted the big time reach of front page takeovers.

Undertone's version offers a prestitial followed by tandems -- the prestitial being of more limited availability.

I like this concept, as I said earlier in this blog in a post about GoFish Network, the alternative to Disney and Nick in the kids arena.

I am intrigued by the idea of a roadblock that shows up in lots of places across the web -- I think this could have some remarkable noticing value, particularly for jaded consumers. It gives you pause, and pause is half the battle.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.