Monday, January 12, 2009

Personal Informatics Post Four: Mon.thly



Mon.thly.info is a service that helps women track and anticipate their menstrual cycles. The service is simple -- you input the sates of your cycle and the service sends you an email two days before your period begins.

The service is easy to use, and based upon the fictional dates I put into my profile, I found that I begin my period today!





Anyway, this sort of service -- and the sheer simplicity of it -- is bound to appeal to a large number of busy women who might lose track of time owing to their busy lives. Here's what the Jezebel website says about Mon.thly:

So, for those of us not really organized enough to keep track of our periods, resulting in monthly surprise periods, pregnancy scares or embarrassment when the gyno asks you to list the date of your last period and it takes a really long time to work it out… Comes this nifty site, mon.thly. You give them the date of the first day of your last cycle (I know, but you're at home so you can take your time), and they then calculate the date of your next period and e-mail you a reminder. Oh, and it's free. This is why the internet was invented.

And now, if you will excuse me, I need to call Maury Povitch and secure my slot on "Ovulating Men! Talk About Mr. Mom!"

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.