Monday, January 12, 2009

Personal Informatics Post Five: Bedpost



The tagline of this site says it all:

Ever wonder how often you get busy?

Bedpost helps you keep track of your sex life by counting your acts, time spent, partners, time started, and other measures. It is not a social site -- the idea is to keep this information private, between you and your partner(s) if you wish. I am assuming that's for married folks -- I dunno a lot of people that want to know that they are one of a list, whatever the type of relationship hey have with you. Would you really want to look at the partners tab of your partner's report???

Anyway.

The site is in private beta and I am waiting for an evaluation invitation -- but from what I can see in this screen shot it seems very easy to understand and populate with data. Though the mind reels at what sorts of "charts and reports" are available in tab two.

Now, don't ask me how I know, but this service was predated by several years by free online services that helped highly promiscuous people track the whos and whats and wherefores of their sex lives. The site iTrick is an example of a gay service that that's been around for some time. Note: The site is rather explicit.

Though I don't know anyone straight or gay that used(es) one.

But let's be clear, the intent of this service is different. However much the idea of this site makes me wanna giggle, helping people better understand their sex lives can be quite valuable. It can help track the health of the physical side of a marriage or relationship, and can help single people make the choices about their lives that are right for them. Both are important -- and our tendency in this society is to simply ignore or consciously avoid examining such issues.

So there you go. And I will admit it. I am dying to know what the color coding means on the calendar charts -- expect a full report when (if) they let me in.

;-)

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.