Friday, September 5, 2008

13 Web 2.0 Things That Have Changed My Life For The Better

I write about new companies constantly, and I genuinely do like virtually every company I feature here. But a subset of those sites really have changed my life for the better. Here’s my short list:

1. Drop.io, the easy way to share files without resorting to the dreaded FTP. Fast, free, and fabulous.
2. XOBNI, the Outlook add on that will improve your email productivity by at least a third if you are anything like me.
3. GotomyPC, the easy to use utility that brings your desktop to you on any computer anywhere.
4. YouTube Embeds: The player that is always the easiest to deploy, fastest to load, and actually fits utilities like blogger.
5. Toggl: The first good time tracking system I have ever used. And with its desktop widget, a way to passively input hours with virtually no effort whatsoever.
6. Mofuse, the mobile blog site in a box that mobilizes a blog in 10 minutes and requires zero maintenance.
7. imeem the music social network. THE place for music.
8. Feedburner: Offers a great way to deliver RSS, and really comprehensive analytics to understand how, where, and why people read my feed.
9. Buzz3r.com, the constantly updated compendium of all news and commentary on tech.
10. Confabb, the compendium of all conferences everywhere, with social networking tools built in.
11. Wufoo, the phenomenally easy to use web site form building tool.
12. LibraryThing, a great online reader community with tools to catalog and share the titles of your library.
13. i-caught, ABC’s UGC destination site. A great way to detox for ten minutes a day.

What’s on YOUR short list?

Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.