Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I've Heard of a Tin Ear But...TinEye?



TinEye is an image search engine in private beta. I applied to be let in, and will report more when I get let in. But watch the vid.



Simply astounding. I am not exactly sure of all the business uses of this, but piracy comes to mind, as does my never ending search to find shocking somewhat related photos for my blog post to make you RSS users give me a click. ;-)

As for the piracy thing, it's a good thing I pay for my photos on this blog, or find them so often reproduced across the web I expect they are public domain.

So far they've indexed over a half billion pics online, with billions and billions to come.

TinEye is from Idee Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.