Wednesday, May 21, 2008

iMedia: eHarmony.com

I was surprised to see eH at iMedia – I am not a member and didn’t know that they offered ads and sponsorships, though it is a logical move for a company with so many members. But I always thought…since eH is not a browsing site, that page views would be all that impressive. Unlike with Match or American Singles, their system isn’t set up for people (read: men) to trawl profiles and make page views.

I know nothing about how advertising works in their environment. Generally I don’t think banners are the way to go on dating sites because they are in my opinion beyond “low noticing value” – they may as well be transparent.

But what do I know? I have worked on only three ad programs on dating sites, all using Match, and the CTRs were not robust. But that’s three campaigns. Drop me a line if you have experience with this type of site. I’d love to hear your POV.

Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.