Friday, January 21, 2011

COD: Instagr.am and the keepsake cellphone photo



A picture is worth a whole heckuvalot of tweets and texts, so I was intrigued when I heard the concept behind Instragr.am, an iPhone app that lets you make and share attractive photos of what you are seeing and doing.

While cellphone photos have certainly come a long way, they tend to look pretty flat and poorly lit. What Instragra.am does is offer filters that let you give your blah blah pics a stylized appearance that makes them less "throw away," more something you might want to have around.

Have a look of this example pic from their blog, which shows the nice results you get from one of the app's 11 built in filters.



I keep asking myself, "could that really be a celly pic?" I am impressed.

That's not all this service offers. They have also figured out ways to speed the processes of uploading and downloading photos. Which is quite a nice thing indeed.

You can share your photos with friends, or on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr.

I am very happy that their effort focuses on making photos less throwaway. While digital cameras have made it easier to take pictures, I think they have led us all to devalue homemade images. So I want to send them a personal thank you for their concept. Photos are very important to me, and clearly to them.

Completely utterly absolutely free at this point. This SF start-up plans to explore a variety of financial models after they get some critical mass going on.

Get the app on itunes. And if they are in the business of answering prayers, soon in the Android shoppe. Pretty please...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.