Thursday, January 8, 2009

Skype Video Cards:

Got an interesting heads up on a new Skype application on Facebook that enables you to send video messages to loads of people, either on or off the Facebook site. Now, this is the place where I am supposed to "show" you by making such a video. It's actually easy. but I hate the way I look on video so you won't get that. Instead, I will show you the build screens and 'splain:







You pick a prefab card, give permission to turn on the web cam, and record your message. Then the system sends it to all your Facebook friends, or indeed off the site if you prefer.

You also have the option to add the vid to your profile feed so that all can see you in your sight, sound and motion glory.

I like it. Simple, fun, easy. Pick three. And a special shout out to Violette Vérité of We Are Social, a conversation agency based in London. She knows how to politely reach out, provide the info, and intrigue a blogger with a concept. More pull than push and I salute her for that, and Skype for hiring her/them.

And no, I don't work for them, have never met them, no financial relationship, probably never will meet them. I just liked their approach. And while I have my doubts about whether Violette Vérité is her actual name (Purple Truth?) she's listed on their site, so I guess it must be true. ;-)

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to write.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim,

    Thank you for the article, it's brilliant. I'm really glad you're enjoying the Skype application.

    And yes, Violette Vérité is actually my real name. Even if people are sometimes incredulous, they usually remember it quite easily so it's all good.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.