Wednesday, October 8, 2008

GoldMail: Rich Email Messages, The Concept's Right There In The Name On The Tin



It's no wonder that people have been predicting the decline of email. With the immediacy of Twitter and SMS text messages, it's natural to expect that such technologies would potentially take a bite out of the email category. Because, after all, email is slower, and often not that much more rich and informative than a Tweet.

GoldMail is out to change all that.

How, you ask?

So let me do this in a sight smell and taste metaphor: Text, pictures, slides, V/O, photos, web excerpts and PowerPoint baked together in a souffle of communication goodness.

Here's the demo from their site -- it's the clearest demo I have seen in months BTW.



The price ain't bad, neither. You pay by the seat, and here's the price list:

1-10 seats: $10/Month per seat or $100 per year
11-25 seats: $9/Month per seat or $90 per year
25+ seats: $8/month or $80 a year

You can also get a branded GoldMail template and package for $150 a year.

Ah, finally, a revenue model i understand!

To use it you have to download a 12MB application, which may turn off some of you, but GoldMail is getting good press so I wouldn't worry about it.

I am very impressed by GoldMail. I view it as a sort of cross between traditional email and a GoToMeeting. I've signed up for a 14 day trial, so if you want to see how it works, send me an email at my OlderThanThou address listed in the upper right of every page of this blog, and I'll send you one! Then send me your reactions, I may become a payer, but I want to hear what you think!

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.