Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dominos Pizza Tracker: Technology Reaches Its Zenith (In Theory...)

So I had a couple of friends over last week, and we decided to order a pizza from Domino's. Since I always rep for the medium, I ordered it online, and at the conclusion of my order I was confronted with the Domino's Pizza Tracker. The DPT as I will call it for the rest of this post is everything one can reasonably expect from a 2.0 thing that is a pizza delivery monitoring application:

Free
Realtime
Providing Info You Never Knew You Wanted But Now Find Essential
Colorful
Reflecto-ey

Hey, I liked it, so don't think I am (entirely) making fun of both this and the medium. But there MUST be a limit to the amount of real time transparent information consumers find interesting and compelling.

POST SCRIPT: According to DPT, I got my pizza in precisely 30 minutes. When in reality it took 54. So it's 100% fake. And yes I am a big gig for knowing it took 54.

3 comments:

  1. I always thought it was fake, but never took the initiative to double check. I just ordered pizza. Jose put it in the oven like 3 minutes ago. I should call and confirm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the Dominoes Pizza Tracker is fake and just updates automatically as my screen said it was in the oven and then on the road and then completed! 10 minutes later I receive a call saying they are running late and are just going to make it now. So after 40 minutes of waiting we're going to have to wait another 20 minutes! I don't normally order from Dominoes as they always seem to take ages, but thought I'd see if things had changed. Obviously not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's been spot on perfect for me every time

    ReplyDelete

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.