Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kontera in Da House...err...Blog



(Note: Kontera is a Catalyst:SF client.) So you may notice that the in-text ad service Kontera is now in place here on OLDMTA. Kontera now offers a special service for bloggers to include on their missives, and it operates via a rev share.

I like the Kontera type of in text ad platform. I find the ads useful and pleasant and use them when I find them, especially when looking for books or other purchases. Kontera is not the only offering in in-text, but to my knowledge it is the only one that has a blogger offering in addition to its big site and mid-tail site services.

As I told you a couple of weeks ago, OLDMTA is a not for revenue blog, but I thought I would try out this offering to see if people preferred the blog with these rollover ads. Please send comments, smileys, or frownies to:

oldmtaomnimedia@yahoo.com

I get a lot of spam, so if you could include Kontera in the subject line I would appreciate it.

In keeping with my no revenue promise, anything I make from Kontera will go to Smile Train, the charity that helps kids with cleft lips and palates get needed medical treatment.

So roll over and click. It's definitely a good cause...

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to write.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Greetings from The Smile Train! On behalf of everyone here, I wanted to thank you for your efforts to support our cause through Kontera.

    You will be pleased to learn that every single dollar donated goes to our programs and donations of any size play an important role in our ability to help children who suffer from clefts.

    If you need any materials or information from you, dont hesitate to email me at ajudd@smiletrain.org or call me at 1-877-543-7645. Keep me posted on your progress.

    Best,
    Alex
    Donor Relations Associate

    ReplyDelete

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.