Friday, June 20, 2008

Ian Usher: A Life For Sale



Being jilted is never good.

But when Ian Usher of Australia found himself jilted, he decided it was time to make big changes. He wants a new life.

But one man's poison is another man's meat, and there are many who would find his life pretty sweet. Clutch house, jetski, and a bunch of other stuff. All up for auction on Sunday. Here's what Ian says on his home page:

Hi there, my name is Ian Usher, and I have had enough of my life! I don't want it any more! You can have it if you like!

No, I'm not contemplating suicide, I am going to sell my life!! I have my reasons, for further details click the "Why" tab below. However, I am still not sure whether this is inspired madness, complete foolishness, or just some sort of mid-life crisis.

Whatever it is, it's all going up for sale in one big auction. Everything I have and everything I am.

On the day it is all sold and settled I intend to walk out of my front door with my wallet in one pocket and my passport in the other, nothing else at all, and get on the train, with no idea where I am going or what the future holds for me.


You will have the opportunity to bid on his life and take it over. He takes the money and hops a plane to the future. You get the house, the toys, the job, the works.

Want a flutter?

When I say everything is included in the sale I mean EVERYTHING is included! Upon completion and settlement I will walk out of my home for the last time in just the clothes I am wearing, and carrying only my wallet and passport.

You've gotta week to bid, people! But if you win and make the move, keep reading OLDMTA please. I need the unique.

Start of auction - Noon Sunday 22nd June 2008
End of auction - Noon Sunday 29th June 2008
Australian Western Standard Time

That;s 13 hours ahead of Pacific time. 16 ahead of NYC time.

I love his inventiveness, but caution him with the sagest thing anyone has ever said to me about making a geographic change as a way of avoiding issues.

"Wherever you go, there you are..."

Still, a house in Australia sounds nice...

2 comments:

  1. This just in from MediaPost:

    Catalyst:SF, a marketing capital firm from San Francisco has announced the opening of a satellite office in Austrailia.

    ReplyDelete

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.