Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Firefox 3.0 - On Fire!



Over at Tech Crunch they report that Firefox 3.0 got over 8 million downloads in its first 24 hours. That's a whole lotta downloads, and shows that the world of browsers is poised for change.

Or has it changed already? I went to Net Applications to check out the market share of browsers globally. I expected that Firefox had gotten pretty close to 2 digits.

And boy was I wrong. They report that Firefox's market share is 18.4%! I really had no idea. To me Firefox was the browser for bay Area freaks and people who read Slashdot. Well, unless Slashdot has grown rather a lot in the last year, I'm guessing that Firefox is really ALMOST mainstream now.

Which begs a question: What is going well for MSFT of late? Hey, I am not trying to be a total snark there. Is there ANY good news for Redmond?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.