Thursday, May 22, 2008

Younguns2Watch - Rachelle Houle

True confession: I am one of those old f*rts that thinks the younger generation doesn't work nearly as hard as we had to back in the day. I for one had to walk 10 miles in the snow to make video dubs.

But for every rule there are exceptions, and Rachelle Houle is one, and definitely someone to watch in the business. Currently a Digital Marketing Coordinator at R&R Partners in Las Vegas, Rachelle was one of the people subjected to my privacy rantings at the recent LVIMA meeting in Vegas.

I got to talk to her for perhaps an hour afterwards, and was very impressed by both her knowledge and intuition about the digital space, as well as her enthusiasm for digital platforms that baffle me, Twitter in particular. She helped this old industry relic understand the potential power of this unusual way of communicating with others, and I am grateful for the insight.

She also had amazing perspective about generational differences in processing info, as well as brand positioning and strategy. Her encyclopedic knowledge and ability to discern what's important make her definitely one to watch in my book.

For the next several days I am going to be pointing out other recent standout entrants to the digital realm, among them our own CSF youthful teammembers. I think this is important because too often the insights and contributions of these individuals are overlooked or underestimated. I am starting with a non Catalyst youngun in Youngun2Watch Week as it seemed fairer, though the contributions of our own teamembers are also outstandingly noteworthy, as I will be discussing in the next several days.

Well, I hope the folks at R&R Partners know what they have in Rachelle. She is absolutely a youngun to watch.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to write.

4 comments:

  1. Jim, thank you so much. This was quite the ego boost! I don’t think I’ve ever been blogged before, especially not by a prominent member of the industry. Thank you for shining a little spotlight on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured you must have spotted it given that I have gotten 40 or so hits from LV in that last 2 hours. Thank YOU for your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachelle is a rock star. And, give us some credit... we hired her! I hope she never leaves us.

    Love R&R

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just teasing. Ya'll clearly have an eye for talent.

    ReplyDelete

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.