Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wall-E Wall-E Wall-E

Like Cory gets excited about Pearl Jam, like Adam likes his Apple stuff, like Kevin likes Chelsea, and like Chris likes making biting yet irreverent social commentary, like The Durham enjoys his Krug, I feel about Pixar movies. I saw Cars more times than I care to admit. I cried when The Incredibles made saving the planet a family affair. My favorite was Monsters, Inc.

And now the new Pixar film, Wall-E, is beginning to get the Disney hype machine treatment and I am breathless with anticipation. But don't take my word for how exciting it will be. Check out this widget:



Their website is excellent...



and includes a build a custom robot game.






Wait, actually it's not a build game only. Its a build a robot and then PLAY YOUR CUSTOM ROBOT IN A GAME. Mmm mmm good.

I like that Disney is truly embracing digital in its mega marketing machine. It alsways amazed me how this company can actually do an integrated markeitng program -- movie, video game, ride, even rain ponchos emblazoned with the logo all over the theme parks when they release a flick.

The depth of the Wall-E site is really impressive. In an industry that COULD produce amazing content sites but usually spends about $12 doing a cookie cutter trailer 'n bios piece of cr*p, I'm glad Disney went for depth.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.