Wednesday, May 21, 2008

iMedia: One Minute MatchUps

iMedia takes an hour and half of the conference to have each “buyer” and “seller” meet 60 people that can make a difference for their businesses. I loved this aspect of the conference for three reasons:

1. I learned about 7 companies I knew nothing about.
2. I got to see 60 people pitch. There is NOTHING I appreciate more than hearing a good salesperson sell. For me it is art just as much as Mapplethorpe’s flower photos. (Check those out, BTW, the man did a lot more than take shocking pics of crosses in pee.)
3. I got to meet people who generally have to focus on buyers that have loads more cash than I do to throw around.

Special props to the people I thought delivered the best 90 second intros. Topix, Brightroll, Sportgenic, Tacoda/Platform A, National Geographic, and ValueClick. Not to say that the other pitchers weren’t awesome, but I like a certain style, and these folks got it. Many other presenters were also great!

Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.