Wednesday, May 21, 2008

iMedia: 5 Funniest Things I heard at iMedia

5) I know that the publishers pay for all this, but why do they think that gives them the right to sell to me during the conference?
4) Honestly, my network is exactly the same as theirs. But we charge more and give lousy service.
3) Our ad network broke the top 50 last month.
2) Once I heard over my cube wall, “I need 100% SOV of lung cancer. Pharma is a funny business.

And the number one funniest comment was a retort to the above:

1) Does that mean if I get an Alzheimer’s account I should ask for erratic surfing as BT?

Yes I know the last two are in terrible taste and rest assured that I am very familiar with the fact that these are serious, heartrending conditions. But we also have to laugh at the business of advertising health conditions. Or cry about it. I choose to laugh.

Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.