Tuesday, April 15, 2008

AD TECH DETOUR

So, I am interrupting the gaming week festivities on OLDMTA to report on the coolest thing I had never heard of before that I saw at AdTech.

It's Linkstorm, a DHTML banner platform that delivers menus that give users a way to drill down to get exactly what they want from an advertiser. Imagine a PC banner. Roll over and DHTML offers a menu of choice like choose by price, choose by speed, etc. Roll over price and you see 6 PCs at various pricepoints. This is all on the content page you were visiting. When you finally click, you are redirected to a page specifically about the PC you were most interested in. It gets the consumer what they want without making them find their way via site nav. And more importantly for DR purposes, gets you several clicks closer to the buy button.

It's simple. It's not some 4 billion data point data base that tracks my blood corpuscle count and the way it reflects my desire to buy Roma versus beefsteak tomatoes.

But I really liked it. I like simple best. http://www.linkstorms.com/ NOTE THE S AT THE END.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.