Tuesday, August 26, 2008

iPhoo Search Debuts



ReadWriteWeb has reported that Yahoo now offers a search application optimized for the iPhone. They are a late arrival to this having lagged behind Google by over a year.

RWW's reaction? It's nice. Very nice. Great if you're a Yahoo user, but nothing to drive Google users to switch.

As much as I love Yahoo, I have to agree with their assessment. A nice offering. But nothing to shake the barn down. That's what I expected though, so I am not disappointed. Any Yahoo effort to convert Gooeys has to start with the web product to really make a difference.

Thanks for rerading, and don't forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.