Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Puttin the Old Man in His Place

So, I don't mean to sound like Chris Schwarze at Catalyst:SF has performed the verbal equivalent of elder-battery on me in this post, but it is a good reminder for me and geezers like me that in order to attract new people to the digital space we need to treat them like...people...and not condemn a generation willynilly as lazy and incompetent.

Actually I don't consider myself a particularly bad offender on this front, but the point has merit for me just the same.

That being said, I am sure all of you who share my over 40 status will agree that the hallways were longer in our day, and that having IBM Selectrics instead of PCs made the process of producing memos and POVs more difficult. Of course we had amazing administrative assistants back then, too, but we can keep that part just between us.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.