Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Niche Social Networks Part 7: Hoovers Connect



A big part of sales is about leveraging who you know. As a tool to bring networking for sales to a truly higher level, Hoovers has launched Hoovers Connect, a tool that helps sales and BD people connect with the people they want to reach through real, proven relationships in your network.

You join, and then give Hoover's permission to scan your emails, IMs etc. to count the number and depth of communications you have with people. Based upon this arms length assessment, the system has a precise picture of what kind of relationship you have with someone.



This is a distinct advantage over the LinkedIn platform. I say that because I have about 270 first connections in Linked In, but they are of wildly different depths, and that system doesn't make that clear. As a result, I am freuqntly asked to make intros to people that I have tangential relationships with. This does no one any good. With the Hoovers Connect system, my relationships are quantified by the extent to which I have digital communications with them. This seems a great surrogate for the strength of my relationships -- in this day and age.

When you ID someone you want to talk to, the system shows you multiple paths to reaching them, and you can see how strong the paths are and choose.

I love this system. I think it is an absolutely huge concept both as a tool in itself and as a tool to get more people to use Hoover's as a foundation to find the names and roles of people that constitute your best prospects.

Bravo Hoovers!

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.