Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Need to Buy That Song? Shazam Will Identify It Through Your Celly

I don't know about you, but I walk around all day hearing songs that I want in my collection. But because radio has shifted so completely to gigantic song blocks, I often can't identify it and so the purchase opp fades away.

Lyric sites help, but lots of times you are on the go when you hear things. If only there were a way to identify songs...with my phone!

Ding! Wish granted!

Shazam is actually not at all new. It has 100MM users worldwide, but it's new to me so there you go. And they now have an iPhone app, so I'll actually be using it!



You hear a song, hold up the phone, and in a few seconds get the artist and track names -- everything you need to go and buy it.

The non iPhone version in the UK is 2 pounds a month, while the iPhone version is free and directly links you to buy songs on the iTunes store.

It's a great idea, and a win win for consumer and of course Apple.

1 comment:

  1. I have the iPhone app and its quite honestly the greatest application I've downloaded. It's truly unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.