Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm a PC Too! New Microsoft Campaign Gets On The Dart Board

The Apple I'm a Mac I'm a PC campaign has been running for years, and it is one powerful ad campaign. Not only have they reinforced the hip factor on Mac, something he brand always had, it also succeeded in positioning the competition -- Microsoft --as a fat, bumbling idiot.

I think the campaign has been so successful that it has affected media coverage -- portraying the entire MSFT company -- whatever product, except PERHAPS XBox -- as a doddering and inept entry living by its supposed hegemony.

So I was pleasantly surprised by the new I'm a PC campaign, which directly addresses the stereotype by showing the profound range of people who use the operating system that powers, after all, 96% or so of machines worldwide.

Have a look:





It is perhaps odd for number one to respond to number 2 in advertising, but I think they were able to do it without DIRECTLY addressing Apple, at least by name.

I like it. It's a little sledgehammer to the head "we are repositioning ourselves," but whatever. It needed to be done.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because people have been abusing the comment platform to place phony links to deceptive sites, I am now moderating all comments. If your comment is legit and contains a relevant link, it will be published.